Bookem gets updated regularly. When this happens, a pop up will ask if you'd like to update or be reminded in 5 minutes. Clicking update will load the latest version. If you have unsaved work, its best to finish first and then update on the next prompt.
On rare occasions, your browser may get stuck on a version. This requires a hard reset to fetch the latest version. This may need to happen, for e.g., if you are having intermittent internet connectivity, or due to something far more sinister (and rare): tiny, malicious entities called 'bad service workers'. These need to be purged manually. Fortunately, it's a painless exercise. Below are the steps how to do it.
First, try clicking on this link
That should do the trick. If it doesn't, follow the steps in one of the options below.
- If you're using Chrome, on your keyboard, simply click on Shift + Ctrl + r. That should do it! If issues persist, see this article for how to clear cache & cookies.
- On Safari, click the Safari button in the top left corner, open up Safari preferences, select the "Privacy tab", click "Manage Website Data"
- Firefox, should be the same steps as with Chrome. We haven't been able reliably test this, but if you still experience problems after this, just email email@example.com to let us know and we'll help you get it sorted out.
iOS (iPhones or iPads)
- tap on Settings,
- scroll down to Safari,
- scroll down and click on Clear History and Website Data then
See Google's article on it, or:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More .
- Tap History Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to "Cookies and site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Tap Clear data.
Please let us know if you still have trouble after doing a hard reset by mailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org.