Bookem allows to import client lists into Bookem by using CSV or spreadsheet files.
If you have your clients' contact information in a CSV (Comma Separated Value) file or spreadsheet, such as Excel or Numbers (if you're on a Mac), you can import them into Bookem. This will save you time, as you won't have to manually enter their information into Bookem.
You can import your clients yourself, or you can contact us to do it for you for a flat rate.
1. Go to Clients and click on Import clients
2. Make sure the columns in your CSV file match the columns that Bookem expects.
To see the names of the columns Bookem expects, download a sample file by clicking Download an example file:
3. Now, change the column names in your client file to match the columns in the sample file.
If the columns do not match exactly, they will not import.
4. Using your spreadsheet editor, run through and see if you need to clean up your data.
Errors to expect include things like: there might be text where there should only be cellphone numbers, or email addresses which are not where they are meant to be. If you don't fix the data in source file, Bookem will simply ignore entries that aren't what are expected.
Two notes: Your mobile numbers should be generally prefixed with country codes such as +27 or +44. Further, Bookem reads dates in the international format yyyy-mm-dd. Dates should be in text format, otherwise it won't import correctly.
5. You can now click Upload CSV file, select the CSV and a preview will appear to review if all the details are correct, and if there are any problematic cells.
When you're happy that your file contents look good, click the Import button and confirm all the data is correct.
All done! You can now go to the Clients page and double-check everything looks as expected.